Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from Trans Empire Oil Ltd. dating back to the 1950's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the British American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12 1/8" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an oil well and two globes.
Trans Empire Oils Ltd. was incorporated in Canada on October 30, 1950 as a consolidation of the assets and liabilities of the Globe Oil Company Ltd., British Empire Oil Developments Ltd., East-Leduc Oil Company Ltd., and Leduc-West Oil Company Ltd.
The company had acreage in over 50 areas of Canada including Big Valley, Birch Lake, Fort Saskatchewan, Pincher Creek, Princess, Stettler and Thorsby.
The company was based in Calgary.