Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Santa Paula Walnut Association dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Goes and measures approximately 9 1/2" (w) by 5 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a vignette of an eagle on a cliff.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Santa Paula Walnut Association was incorporated in California on May 17, 1901.
C. Thorpe, manager of the Santa Paula Walnut Association, and H. C. Sharp, manager of the Saticoy Walnut Growers Association, decided in 1909 to make no selling contracts with local coast brokers, but to market the output of their houses themselves, selling direct to the wholesale grocer and fruit jobber. They put out a high-grade pack under their association brands and gave their trade the very best possible service and treatment. The success of this method became immediately apparent, and these two managers were for several years able to make returns to their growers materially higher than those received by growers of associations who still sold through the coast brokers.