Hidden Fortune Gold Mining Company
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Hidden Fortune Gold Mining Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certifcate's vignette features an eagle with a shield. In the background are tipis, Native Americans on horseback and a train.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Hidden Fortune Gold Mining Company was incorporated in South Dakota in 1901.
The Hidden Fortune discovery was made by a German man by the name of Otto P. Grantz. Claims included the Durango, Harrison, Sula, Grant Reddy, Golden Crown, St. Patrick and Swamp Eagle all located around the town of Lead. In total, the company owned over 280 acres adjacent to the Homestake Mining Company.
The gold ore was shipped by rail (Burlington & Northwestern Railroads) to a large mill built on the east side of Whitewood Creek a mile or two north of Deadwood.