Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Akron, Canton & Youngstown Railroad Company dating back to the 1940's through the 1960's. This document contains the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Hamilton Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette on this certificate features a 2-8-2 locomotive.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This company was an Ohio-based railroad company founded in 1907 as the Akron, Canton and Youngstown Railway. In 1912 completed a 9.5-mile line from Mogadore to Akron. Effective March 1, 1920, the AC&Y leased the Northern Ohio Railway, an Akron–Delphos, Ohio line that had been part of the New York Central Railroad system via the Lake Erie and Western Railroad.
The ACY and the Northern Ohio were merged on January 14, 1944 into the Akron, Canton and Youngstown Railroad. On October 16, 1964, the Norfolk and Western Railway (N&W) acquired control of the AC&Y, though it continued to operate separately until it was merged on January 1, 1982.