Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Adventure Consolidated Copper Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 10 3/4" (w) by 7" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of the Michigan State Seal.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This company covered the Adventure, Hilton and Knowlton mines, located in the centre of the Copper Range, and was one of the many Michigan-based mining companies located in Ontonagon County.
The Adventure Mine comprised 780 acres; the Hilton 320 acres, and the Knovvlton 406 acres, making a total of 1,506 acres, all on the Mineral Range. The Knowlton had also the surface right to 200 acres.
The company was organized in 1898 under the mining laws of Michigan with a capital of $2,500,000, divided into 100,000 shares of the par value of $25 per share. The company's shares were listed on the Boston Stock Exchange, December 13, 1898.
All known veins or lodes of any promise that have been worked on this part of the Copper Range (except the Minnesota Mine veins) ran across the company's property. All these veins were embraced within a strip of about 1,100 feet in width, according to Captain S. B. Harris, the most southerly one being the Evergreen, and the most northerly one the Knowlton vein. Between these were the Butler or Champion, the Mass, the Ogima stamp vein, and one or two others.