Intricately engraved antique specimen stock certificate from the Youngstown Steel Door Company dating back to the mid 1900's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Security Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a railroad boxcar.
The Youngstown Steel Door Company was was founded and incorporated in Ohio on December 9th, 1924. The company was established to produce steel railroad freight car doors, which until that point were mainly made of wood. In 1933 the company added to its door-only product line steel sides for railroad freight cars.
During World War II the company produced gas tanks for aircraft and employed women workers to replace the men who were serving in the armed forces.
The company’s plant was located on a branch of the Erie Railroad.
In 1976 thecompany became a subsidiary of Lamson & Sessions Company. In 1988 a group of Youngstown Steel Door company directors purchased the assets from Lamson and Sessions and continued to manufactureunder the name YSD Industries.
YSD Industries was purchased by a Greenbriar Rail Services in 2006.