Only 1 Available!

West Jersey Ferry Company


SKU: 1446
Product Details

Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the West Jersey Ferry Company dating back to the 1890's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by Allen, Lane & Scott of Philadelphia and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8 1/2" (h). 


This certificate's vignette features the New Jersey State Seal flanked by an ocean scene featuring a lighthouse and a pair of ships on the left, and a train crossing a bridge on the right.

You will receive the exact certificate pictured.

    Historical Context

    The West Jersey Ferry Company was incorporated in New Jersey on January 21, 1849. Before its incorporation, the ferry was simply known as the Browning Ferry. The ferry ran from Market Street in Camden, New Jersey to Philadelphia.

    The company eventually became part of the Pennsylvania Railroad system.

    On April 1, 1899 the company was consolidated with the Camden & Philadelphia Steam Boat Ferry Company to form the Camden & Philadelphia Ferry Company.