Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Utah Metal and Tunnel Company dating back to the 1930's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a detailed mountain mining scene.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Utah Metal and Tunnel Company was first organized in 1909 as Utah Metal Mining Company.
The Utah Metal and Tunnel property had a long tunnel that was completed in mid 1913. The tunnel exited in Middle Canyon, east of Tooele. The company absorbed the adjacent Bingham New Haven company on December 1, 1915, to settle potential encroachment claims.
The Utah Metal Mining Company had been organized in 1909 to consolidate the properties of the Bingham Central Mining, Bingham Standard Copper, and Bingham Metal Mining companies. By the end of 1912, the 11,490 foot Bingham-Tooele Tunnel of the Utah Metal Mines Company was 92 percent complete.
The company was reorganized as the Utah Metal and Tunnel Company in 1914.