Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Troy Wagon Works Company. This piece dates back to the 1910's, and is signed by the company Vice President and Secretary. This certificate was printed by the Broun-Green Co. and measures approximately 13 1/2" (w) by 9 3/4" (h).
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. Please note there are minor fold splits measuring less than 1/2".
The Troy Wagon works was organized as such May 8, 1891. In 1884 the Beedle & Kelly company sold out to the Troy Wagon company, which later became the Troy Wagon Works company with an original incorporation of $50,000.
The Troy wagon became famous throughout the country and was seen in every state in the union and has always had an immense patronage in spite of the sternest kind of competition.
The company became builders of farm wagons, dump wagons and slow speed hauling wagons. From 1911 to 1914 a great deal of attention was devoted to the creation of a superior auto trailer and this later became the most important feature of this business. The first contract for motor truck trailers was secured from the government of France in 1915, and this contract continued until the signing of the armistice in 1918. During the duration of the world war ninety per cent of the manufacturing capacity of this plant was devoted to war work.