Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Susquehanna Iron and Steel Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a detailed iron works scene!
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Susquehanna Iron and Steel Company was incorporated in Pennsylvania and was based in Columbia.
The company operated two blast furnaces:
- Aurora Furnace, Wrightsville, York County
- Vesta Furnace, Vesta, Lancaster County
and five rolling mills:
- Columbia Mill, Columbia, Lancaster County
- East End Mill, Columbia, Lancaster County
- Susquehanna Mill, Columbia, Lancaster County
- York Mill, York, York County
- Union Street Mill, Columbia, Lancaster County
The company was eventually purchased by the Susquehanna Iron Company.