Nicely engraved antique bond certificate from the South Bay Consolidated Water Company, Inc. dating back to the early to mid 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the E. A. Wright Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 10" (w) by 15" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a pair of female allegorical figures flanking a large waterfall. One holds a staff with a Phrygian hat, the other leans on a cornucopia.
South Bay Consolidated Water Company was organized under the laws of the State of New York in 1902 under the name of Quantuck Water Works Company. The name of the company was changed to the South Bay Consolidated Water Company in 1925.
The company independently served Suffolk County, Long Island, New York until 1951 when it was acquired by the newly-formed Suffolk County Water Authority.