Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Sharon Railway dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 10 1/4" (w) by 7 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a pair of vignettes - a switching locomotive at a factory rail yard at the top, and George Boyce at the bottom.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. Please note cropping close to left side border.
The Sharon Railway was incorporated July 16, 1873, under the general laws of Pennsylvania, and extended from Pymatuning to Sharon, with branch lines projecting from Boyce to Sharpsville and from Ferrona to New Castle.
In total, the company operated over 32 miles of track.
The company formed a part of the Erie's principal main line between Pymatuning and Sharon.
The Sharon Railway merged with the Sharpsville, Wheatland, Sharon and Greenfield Railroad Company and the New Castle and Shenango Valley Railroad Company, before becoming part of the New Castle Northern Railway Company as a result of foreclosure/merger.