Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Sharon Railway dating back to the 1880's. This document is signed by the company President and Treasurer and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 9" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of a broad industrial scene flanked by a train to the left and a second industrial scene to the right.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. Please note cropping to left side border and chipping in lower left corner.
The Sharon Railway was incorporated July 16, 1873, under the general laws of Pennsylvania, and extended from Pymatuning to Sharon, with branch lines projecting from Boyce to Sharpsville and from Ferrona to New Castle.
In total, the company operated over 32 miles of track.
The company formed a part of the Erie's principal main line between Pymatuning and Sharon.
The Sharon Railway merged with the Sharpsville, Wheatland, Sharon and Greenfield Railroad Company and the New Castle and Shenango Valley Railroad Company, before becoming part of the New Castle Northern Railway Company as a result of foreclosure/merger.