Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Seagrave Corporation dating back to the early to mid 1900's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of a company President and Secretary, was printed by the Hamilton Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a pair of allegorical female figures with urns.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Seagrave Corporation was incorporated in Michigan in 1925 as a reorganization of the Seagrave Company. The company was based in Columbus, Ohio. The original Seagrave Company dated back to 1891 when it was founded by Frederic Seagrave.
The company originally built ladders for the orchard industry when local firefighters asked for apparatus that could transport their fire ladders safely. Seagrave produced horse-drawn carts designed to carry ladders and further developed hose wagons.
In 1963, Seagrave was acquired by the FWD Corp., and corporate headquarters were relocated to Clintonville, Wisconsin. Today, the Seagrave group is a flagship company of ELB Capital Management. Seagrave operates two plants—one in Clintonville and the other in Rock Hill, South Carolina—and also supplies the federal government with firefighting equipment.
Seagrave is currently the longest-running manufacturer of fire pumpers, rescue units, and aerial apparatus. One of the country’s largest fire departments, Fire Dept. of New York (FDNY), uses the Seagrave apparatus line almost exclusively. Seagrave remains a mainstay of many fire departments throughout the country.