Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Scott Paper Company dating back to the 1960's and 1980's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of two company officers, was printed by the Security-Columbian Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
Beautiful vignette shows a nude allegorical male figure flanked by logging and paper scenes.
The Scott Paper Company was founded by brothers E. Irvin and Clarence Scott in Philadelphia in 1879. In 1902, Scott Paper Company purchased all rights to the Waldorf Trademark, making it their first branded product. In 1913, Scott Brand Tissue with 1,000 sheets was introduced at a cost of 10 cents per roll. It was considered a medical item; print ads were used to increase awareness and address embarrassment.
In the 1930’s, Scott was the first to introduce paper napkins – by 1939 Scott is the largest selling brand in the U.S.A. In 1966, Scott Towels was the first to introduce designer prints.
In 1995, Kimberly-Clark acquired Scott Paper Company. In 2003, Scott Products was named one of "America's Greatest Brands."