Ryder System, Inc. (Truck Rentals)
Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from Ryder System, Inc. dating back to the 1970's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Security-Columbian Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette features a pair of male figures flanking the Ryder logo.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Ryder was founded by James A. Ryder in Miami, Florida in 1933. The first Ryder Truck was a black, 1931 Model "A" Ford. It wasn’t until 1952 that the company became nationally recognized with the acquisition of Great Southern Trucking. In 1955 Ryder becomes a publicly traded company with the issue of 160,000 shares of common stock over-the-counter at $10 per share (the company later joined the New York Stock Exchange in 1960).
In 1968 Ryder entered the auto transport business by acquiring M & G Convoy, effectively launching One Way "Yellow" Consumer Truck Rental. Later, the company entered the aviation, insurance and truck stop businesses with various acquisitions in the 1970’s and 1980’s.