Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Portland Vancouver & Yakima Railway Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document measures approximately 10 1/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This piece features a fantastic vignette of an aerial view of a city and wharf, flanked by a topless female figure with a cornucopia, a blacksmith, a train and a farming scene.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Portland Vancouver & Yakima Railway Company was incorporated in Washington to succeed the Vancouver Klickitat & Yakima Railway.
The original VC&Y line was constructed in five segments:
- Brush Prairie to Salmon Creek - 2.50 miles
- Salmon Creek to Daly's Road - 0.30 miles
- Daly's Road to Yacolt - 14.10 miles
- Connection at Vancouver - 0.40 miles
- Vancouver Junction to Station 247 - 2.60 miles
The line eventually expanded to about 27 miles and became a Northern Pacific subsidiary.