Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Plymouth Rock Mining Company dating back to the 1870's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by C. Frank King and measures approximately 10 1/2" (w) by 8 3/4" (h).
This certificate features a vignette of a group of miners working a seam.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Plymouth Rock Mining Company was incorporated in Massachusetts on November 7, 1879. The company's main property was located in the Silver Flat mining district west of Silver City, New Mexico. The mill and reduction works were located in the upper part of Silver City. Evidently the mill was poorly constructed as problems developed, causing loss in recovery of silver. In 1881, the Plymouth Rock Mining Company merged with the Massachusetts and New Mexico Consolidated Mining Company.
The company also had property situated in the Jenny Lind mining district of California - about five miles from Milton. The land was comprised of a consolidation of several claims. A ten-stamp water power mill was erected at the property and was supplied with twelve Tullock concentrators, which turned out a large quantity of concentrated sulphurets.