Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Pittsburgh, Youngstown & Ashtabula Railroad Company dating back to the 1800's. This document was printed by the Franklin Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a train steaming away from a town.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Pittsburgh, Youngstown & Ashtabula was incorporated under the general laws of Ohio and Pennsylvania, through filing, in Ohio on January 13, 1906, and in Pennsylvania on January 16, 1906, articles executed on January 9, 1906, providing for the consolidation of the property, rights, and franchises of The Pittsburgh, Youngstown and Ashtabula Railroad Company and the New Castle and Beaver Valley Railroad Company.
This line operated approximately 138 miles of road to such Pennsylvania towns as Wampum, Lawrence Junction, Coverts and Walford and Ohio towns as Niles, Alliance, Youngstown and Canfield Junction. The entire property of the Pittsburgh, Youngstown & Ashtabula was operated by the Pennsylvania Company under lease effective January 1, 1906.