Pioneer Railroad Company, Inc.
Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Pioneer Railroad Company, Inc. dating back to the 1980's. This document was printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a train steaming through the countryside.
The Pioneer Railroad Company - a holding company for a number of American short-line railroads - was founded in January 1986 by Guy L. Brenkman. The company, which was incorporated in Iowa but based in Illinois, raised the capital for its first acquisition through a self-underwritten public stock offering. It continued this method of raising capital for subsequent acquisitions.
The company's subsidiaries include:
- Alabama Railroad (ALAB)
- Decatur Junction Railway (DT)
- Elkhart and Western Railroad (EWR)
- Fort Smith Railroad (FSR)
- Garden City Western Railway (GCW)
- Gettysburg and Northern Railroad (GET)
- Georgia Southern Railway (GS)
- Indiana Southwestern Railway (ISW)
- Kendallville Terminal Railway (KTR)
- Keokuk Junction Railway (KJRY)
- Michigan Southern Railroad (MSO)
- Mississippi Central Railroad (MSCI)
- Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railroad (formerly the Maumee and Western)
- Pioneer Industrial Railway (PRY)
- Ripley and New Albany Railroad (RNAB)
- Shawnee Terminal Railway (STR) (Out of Service)
- Vandalia Railroad (VRRC)