Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Philadelphia - Searchlight Gold and Copper Mining Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the E. A. Wright Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8 3/4" (h).
This certificate features a pair of vignettes - a detailed mining scene at the top and an eagle at the bottom.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Philadelphia-Searchlight Gold and Copper Mining Company was incorporated in Arizona in March of 1906. Company offices were located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, while mine offices were in Searchlight, Lincoln County, Nevada.
The company had 23 claims, 1 fractional, over 450 acres in the Sunrise District, four miles northeast of Searchlight. The company had 356' vertical shaft with crosscuts from the bottom showing several veins varying from 3" to 4' in width, carrying auriferous and argentiferous copper ore, of fair tenor, with quartz gangue.
The company employed 15 men, and was formerly known as Nevada Consolidated Mines, Limited.