Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Peoples Theatre Company dating back to the 1950's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer/Secretary, was printed by Young & Belden and measures approximately 12" (w) by 10 3/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an eagle with arrows in its talons atop a shield.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Peoples Theatre was the first movie house in Maynard, Maryland. The theatre was located at 14 Nason Street and still stands today as an office building.
The Peoples Theatre Company was incorporated by a group of local businessmen scrambling to find space for a theatre - James A. Coughlan, Hector Hobors and James J. Ledgart. At the time, the cooperative movement was very popular in Maynard, so the trio sold stock to a local public that relished the opportunity to have an ownership stake in the company, and share in its profits. The decision to seek crowd-sourced funding was instrumental to choosing the theatre's name.