Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Pennsylvania Gasoline Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the Security Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
The certificate's detailed vignette features an eagle with arrows in its talons atop of a shield.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Pennsylvania Gasoline Company was first organized in June of 1912, under the laws of Delaware as the Hydro-Carbon Company. In April, 1916, the name was changed to the Pennsylvania Gasoline Company.
The company owned practically all of the stock of the Bradford Gas & Power Company (Pennsylvania) and the entire stock of the Hoffman Natural Gas Company, and controlled the gasoline rights on about 16,000 acres of proven wet gas lands - 6,000 of which were located near Bradford, Pennsylvania, and the rest were In Cattaragus County, near Bolivar, New York.
The company also operated 80 miles of pipe line, taking the output from 1,500 to $2,000 wells.