Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Penn Seaboard Steel Corporation dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary/Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features topless female and male figures. The male holds a gear, while the female cradles a tablet.
The Penn Seaboard Steel Corporation was incorporated in 1916 to take over the Seaboard Steel Casting Company and the Penn Marine & Ordnance Company - the latter company, shortly before its consolidation with the Seaboard Steel Casting Company, had taken over the Baldt Steel Company of New Castle, Delaware, and the Penn Steel Castings & Machine Company of Chester, Pennsylvania.
The company later merged with the Carpenter Steel Company of Reading, Pennsylvania and the Tacony Steel Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The company was based in Philadelphia.