Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Peerless Truck and Motor Corporation dating back to the 1920's. This document, which was printed by the American Bank Note Company, is signed by the company Vice President and Treasurer and measures approximately 11 1/4" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's fantastic vignette features a pair of allegorical figures, a beehive, a train and an industrial scene.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Peerless Truck and Motor Corporation was organized in November of 1915, under the laws of Virginia and acquired, under one control and management, purchased all of the preferred and common stock of the Peerless Motor Car Company and the General Vehicle Company.
The Peerless Motor Car Company of Cleveland, Ohio, and the General Vehicle Company, Inc., of Long Island City, New York, were engaged in the manufacture and sale of electric and gasoline trucks, automobiles and aeroplane motors, with a domestic and export business. Control was acquired of the exclusive rights for the United States of the Daimler engine which was particularly adapted for motor trucks and aeroplanes. In addition to its motor truck ‘ business, the Peerless Motor Company is producing a new model eight-cylinder pleasure car.
The Peerless plant covered 20 acres of land in Cleveland with 400,000 square feet of floor space. The Vehicle plant covered 8 acres oi land in Long Island City, and had 265,000 square feet of floor space. The latter company manufactured a large percentage of the electric motor trucks sold in the United States.
Both companies continued to operate as seperate entities.