Intricately engraved antique bond certificate from the Omaha and Council Bluffs Street Railway Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company Second Vice President and Assistant Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 10" (w) by 14 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a pair of trolleys and a horse drawn carriage on a city street.
This line was originally incorporated as a consolidation of a number of smaller lines, in 1889 as the Omaha Street Railway Company. In 1902 the line was renamed the Omaha & Council Bluffs Street Railway Company.
In 1955 streetcar use was discontinued and the company became the Omaha Transit Company.