North Side Board of Trade Building Company (Bronx, New York)
This product is sold out
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the North Side Board of Trade Building Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, measures approximately 10" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a pair of vignettes - "The Reapers" on the left and a female allegorical figure at the right.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. Please note rough bottom margin.
The North Side Board of Trade Building Company was incorporated in New York in 1906 to construct a building that would house the Bronx' board of trade operations. The name came from the fact that the area was known as the "North Side" of New York City.
The North Side Board of Trade Building, which was completed in 1911 with Mayor William Jay Gaynor laying the cornerstone. It is located at the junction of Third and Lincoln avenues and 137th street in the Bronx. Mr. Albert K. Davis, the architect, was a founder of the North Side Board of Trade, and it is very largely due to his personal efforts that the building was constructed.
The American Real Estate Company built the building; George P. Morell did the plumbing and installed the heating and ventilating system; Joseph Hilbring did the decorating, and the interior marblework was done by the Cerussi Marble Works.
The company was dissolved in 1915, but the building still stands today.