Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the North American Coal Briquette Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Goes and measures approximately 11" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a trio of mining vignettes at the top, as well as an underprint at the bottom center of the Liberty allegorical.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The North American Coal Briquette Company was incorporated in South Dakota in 1903. The company's office was located at 177 Broadway, New York City.
The company was incorporated for the purpose of exploiting the Forst briquetting process. The main feature of this process consisted in the material to be used as a binder, part of which was kept secret, but which consisted principally of coal-tar pitch. The merit claimed for the secret ingredients of the binder was that they permited a great economy in the quantity of binder used for the manufacture of superior briquettes.
The company negotiated for the purchase of a Duprey (French) machine, and sent 10 tons of anthracite coal and 1 ton of binder to Paris for the purpose of demonstrating the claims made for this process.