Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the NorAm Energy Corp. dating back to the latter 1900's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company Chairman & President and Secretary, was printed by the Security-Columbian / United States Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's great vignette features Mount Rushmore.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This company was originally known as Arkla, Inc., which served portions of Arkansas and Louisiana. The company became NorAm Energy on May 11, 1994 after a series of acquisitions which extended the reach of the company outside of its original territory. In August 1997, NorAm Energy Corporation merged with and into HI Merger, Inc., a subsidiary of Houston Industries Incorporated. Pursuant to the consummation of the merger, HI Merger, Inc., the surviving corporation, was renamed as NorAm Energy Corporation and became a wholly owned subsidiary of HI.
Previously, NorAm Energy Corporation was engaged in the distribution and transmission of natural gas, including gathering, marketing, and storage of natural gas.