Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the New Orleans, Texas and Mexico Railway Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which was printed by the Republic Bank Note Company, is signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Secretary, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate's fantastic vignette features a trio of allegoricals on the cowcatcher of a locomotive. They are flanked by trains, a caboose, signal tower and factories.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The New Orleans Texas & Mexico Railway was the overiding corporate entity of the Gulf Coast Lines. These lines were owned by the St. Louis – San Francisco Railroad (Frisco) up until the mid-1920s when the Missouri Pacific Railroad (MoPac) took them over. As the “corporate workhorse” of the Gulf Coast Lines, the NOT&M was used to purchase many smaller Texas lines, including the New Ibernia & Northern (1916), Houston & Brazos Valley (1924), and International-Great Northern (1924).
When the MoPac gained control of the NOT&M, it still operated as a buying machine, and later gained control of the San Antonio, Uvalde & Gulf (1925) and the Asphalt Belt (1925), the Sugarland (1926), the Asherton & Gulf (1926), the Rio Grande City (1926), the New Orleans & Lower Coast (1926), the San Antonio Southern (1926) – affectionately known as “the Sausage.” All of the flags of the Gulf Coast Lines and its acquired roads were absorbed into the MoPac in 1956.