Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the New England Oil Corporation dating back to the 1920's. This document, which has been signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7" (h).
The vignette on this piece shows an oil train passing a busy wharf and oil storage tanks.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The New England Oil Corporation was incorporated on May 25, 1920 in Virginia, as a holding and operating company. Company owned entire capital stock of New England Oil Refining Company, which owned and operated a 20,000 barrel a day refinery and terminal at Fall River, Massachusetts, and a terminal and storage station at New Bedford, Massachusetts. This company sold fuel oil to a large number of the mills in Fall River and New Bedford, and was a large distributor through New England, the Atlantic States and Canada.
Other subsidiary companies were the New England Oil Corporation, Ltd., the New England-Mexico Oil & Transport Company and the New England Oil Sales Corporation.