New Cornelia Copper Company
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the New Cornelia Copper Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of a coal trams being loaded by a large derrick.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The New Cornelia Copper Company was organized in 1890 by John Boddie and associates purchasing four claims in the Ajo, Arizona area. The company was named for Boddie's first wife.
Through the early 20th century the mine was absorbed, merged, and consolidated with other holdings. Operations were reorganized yet again in 1909 as the New Cornelia Copper Company.
John C. Greenway and the Calumet and Arizona Mining Company became involved in Ajo and took over New Cornelia in 1913. Construction of a large leaching plant
and related facilities in 1916 marked a new era for the mine.
In the same year the New Cornelia Copper Company open pit mine became the first steam shovel enterprise in Arizona. In 1931 the mining complex was merged with the Phelps Dodge Corporation of Bisbee, Arizona.