Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the National Coal Railway Company dating back to the 1920's. This document measures approximately 12" (w) by 9" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of the company logo.
The National Coal Railway was originally organized as the Helper Western Railway in 1909 to service proposed coal lands in the Gordon Creek area of the Wasatch Plateau.
Construction began in 1922 and rails were laid by the Utah Railway in 1925. During construction the company's name as changed to the National Coal Railway Company.
The line connected the Sweets Mine with the Utah Railway at National Junction - a distance of 8.9 miles.
The line was abandoned in 1954.