Intricately engraved antique bond certificate from the Morehead and North Fork Railroad Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Security Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 10 1/4" (w) by 15" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a locomotive and two coal hopper cars. The vignette is flanked by a pair of griffins.
The Morehead and North Fork Railroad Company was incorporated in New Jersey on September 25, 1905.
The company operated 24.219 miles of main track and 3.861 miles of yard tracks and sidings, operating 6 steam locomotives, 39 freight cars and two passenger cars.
The line, which was controlled by the Clearfield Lumber Company ran from Morehead to Redwine, Kentucky.