Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Monarch Oil Drilling Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary of the Board of Trustees, measures approximately 12 1/4" (w) by 9" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a train steaming through an oil field.
The Monarch Oil Drilling Company was incorporated in Texas in 1919 and had offices in Dallas.
The original officers were William G. Lowrey (President), Thomas B. Leddy (Vice President), and J. A. Mitchell (Secretary and Treasurer).
The company's properties were primarily located in Northern Texas, but there is no evidence the entity ever became commercially viable.