Mobile, Jackson and Kansas City Railroad Company
Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Mobile, Jackson and Kansas City Railroad Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the International Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a beautiful, broad vignette of a train steaming past a busy harbor.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Mobile, Jackson & Kansas City Railroad was incorporated in 1890 and built a line from Mobile to the Pascagoula River at Merrill, Mississippi by 1898. The line was extended from Merrill to Hattiesburg in 1902 before the company decided to build north from Beaumont, Mississippi toward Jackson, Tennessee in 1903.
The MJ&KC bought the 36" gauge Kingston & Central Mississippi on June 30, 1902, and converted to to standard gauge. The MJ&KC leased the Gulf & Chicago on July 1, 1903, and completed the gap to join the two in 1906.
On December 1, 1909, the Gulf & Chicago and MJ&KC were officially merged to form the New Orleans, Mobile & Chicago Railroad.