Beautifully engraved antique bond certificate from the Middletown and Elizabethtown Street Railway Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by H. E. Nelson & Co. of Newark, New Jersey, and measures approximately 10" (w) by 15" (h).
This certificate features a nice vignette of an electrified trolley.
Almost two full pages of coupons remain attached at the right side margin.
This line was incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania in 1905 and ran between the two named cities – a distance of about 8 miles.
These two towns are located in the central part of the state, just southeast of Harrisburg.