Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Mexico North Western Railway Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
The vignette features a train steaming down the tracks.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This company was originally known as the Mexican Transportation Company, Limited before changing its name to the Mexico North Western Railway in 1909.
The El Paso Southern was owned for most of its existence by the Mexico North-Western Railway Company. It was originally chartered on March 14, 1897. The line was originally to extend from the international bridge over the Rio Grande five miles north to Mount Franklin in El Paso County, but the company actually laid only two miles of track. The railroad handled cars between the Mexico North Western Railway and the three American lines in El Paso and in 1937 was reclassified by the Railroad Commission as a terminal operation.