Maibohm Motors Company
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Maibohm Motors Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which was printed by the Columbian Bank Note Company, is signed by the company President and Secretary and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7" (h).
This certificate's fantastic vignette features a female allegorical figure and a child with the company crest, a globe, an abacus and some books.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Maibohm Motors Company was formed by Harry C. Maibohm who owned and operated the Maibohm Wagon Company in Racine, Wisconsin prior to 1916. The Maibohm Wagon Company was reorganized into the Maibohm Motors Company in 1916 and began producing the Maibohm automobile in 1917.
From 1917 to 1919, the company produced about 6,000 automobiles that sold for $300.00 to $500.00. The first Maibohm automobiles were a model A two passenger speedster and two passenger coupe followed by a Model B five passenger touring car and five passenger enclosed car. All four automobiles used a four cylinder engine up to 1918. After that date a larger and more powerful Falls Six cylinder engine was used. This line of Maibohm automobiles continued to be produced in Racine up until 1919 when a New Year's Day fire completely destroyed the company's factory.
After the fire, the company moved it's operations to Sandusky, Ohio, and sales increased 247% over 1918. In their new factory, the company planned to produce 7,500 cars in 1920. Their assets totaled over $1 million and they had successful distributors all over the United States as well as all over the world.
Typical specification of the Maibohm five passenger Phaeton for 1922 included colors of green and burgundy, 116 inch wheelbase, 32 X 4 inch wheels and tires, Six cylinder valve in head engine with 23.5 horsepower and a 3 speed transmission.
Due to the economic down turn in the 1920s, the company was sold to the Arrow Motors Company in 1922. Shortly there after the Maibohm factory was used to produce the Courier by The Courier Motor Company.