Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Long Beach Pleasure Pier Company dating back to the 1910's. This document is signed by the company President and Secretary and measures approximately 12 1/4" (w) by 9 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features the California State Seal.
Nice full-color format!
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Long Bech Pleasure Pier Company operated "The Pike," an amusement zone in Long Beach, California. The Pike was founded in 1902 along the shoreline south of Ocean Boulevard with several independent arcades, food stands, gift shops, a variety of rides and a grand bath house. It was most noted for the Cyclone Racer (1930-1968), a large wooden dual-track roller coaster, built out on pilings over the water.
The Pike operated under several names. The amusement zone surrounding the Pike, "Silver Spray Pier", was included along with additional parking in the post World War II expansion; it was all renamed Nu-Pike via a contest winner's submission in the late 1950s, then renamed Queens Pike in the late 1960s in homage to the arrival of the Queen Mary ocean liner in Long Beach.
In 1979, the Long Beach city council refused to renew the land leases and demolished all of the structures and attractions it could that weren't trucked away.