Lincoln Building Corporation
Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Lincoln Building Corporation dating back to the 1940's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Franklin-Lee Division of the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
The vignette on this piece features a bust of Abraham Lincoln.
The Lincoln Building Corporation was incorporated in New York in 1933 as a reorganization of the Lincoln Forty-Second Street Corporation. The original company was formed to manage the Lincoln Building in New York City.
Today, the building is known as One Grand Central Place, and is located at 60 East 42nd Street in Midtown Manhattan, opposite Grand Central Terminal.
The building was designed in neo-gothic style by architect James Edwin Ruthven Carpenter, Jr., the 53-story skyscraper was completed in 1930. It is dwarfed by other buildings in the area, including the Chrysler Building and MetLife Building.
Among the building's interesting features are the gothic windows at the top. Since 2009, the building's visitor's center has held the bronze model by Daniel Chester French of Abraham Lincoln for the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.