Beautifully engraved antique bond certificate from the Lilloett, Fraser River & Cariboo Gold Fields Limited dating back to the 1890's. This document, which has been signed by the company Director and Secretary, was printed by Waterlow and Sons, and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 16 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of the Fraser River at Yale, British Columbia.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Lillooet, Fraser River & Cariboo Gold Fields Limited was incorporated in Canada in 1896 and had offices in Vancouver.
The company operated the Silver Cup, Sunshine, Towser, Old Sonoma, Phillipsburg and Broadview mines, located on the Fraser River, near Ferguson, British Columbia. The company also had some fractional claims, including the Clipper. Skipper, Skiff, Alpha, Confederation and Colonial.
Ferguson was located west of the junction of Ferguson and Lardeau Creeks. Ferguson came into being with the discovery of gold in the region. In 1897 the Lardeau Hotel opened its doors. By 1899 Ferguson had a main street with hotels, merchants, and saloons, and a population of 800. There was even a newspaper called the Ferguson Eagle. The town eventually went into decline and by 1920 was almost deserted.