Lakewood Country Club of Lakewood, Chautauqua Co., New York
Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Lakewood Country Club of Lakewood, Chautauqua Co., New York dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Albert B. King & Co. of New York, and measures approximately 11" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an allegorical female figure with a wreath and shield.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
In 1900, a group of summer residents were responsible for spearheading the formation of the golf course in the village of Lakewood. It was a private club until the first World War. The course was located in the town, while the clubhouse was located on Lake Chautauqua.
After 1919, the clubhouse was converted into the Lakewood Inn, a leading lake hotel and popular dining spot during the 1920s. The village of Lakewood bought and demolished the aging clubhouse in 1929.
The Lakewood Village Park (now Richard O. Hartley Park) opened on the site in 1935.