Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Kill-von-Kull Railway Company dating back to the 1980's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by Wm. F. Murphy's Sons and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a train stopped at a switch with passengers preparing board.
Very hard to find piece!
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Kill-von-Kull Railway Company was incorporated in New Jersey on July 20, 1885.
The line extended from a point on the main line of the Bergen Neck Railway Company, to a point in the established shore or solid filling line of the Kill-von-Kull (a distance of about 1.2 miles.) The Kill-von-Kull was a waterway that ran between Staten Island, New York and Bayonne, New Jersey (which was the terminus for this line.)
In 1897, the National Docks Railway Company, New Jersey Junction Connecting Railway Company, the Kill von Kull Railway, and Bay Creek Railway merged to form the new National Docks Railway. Much of that company was eventually absorbed by the Lehigh Valley Railroad in 1898.