Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Kanawha Traction and Electric Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Security Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a trolley in front of a stone house.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Kanawha Traction and Electric Company was organized under the laws of West Virginia on April 20, 1915, and pursuant to and agreement dated June 7, 1915, was consolidated with the Parkersburg, Marietta & Interurban Railway under the name of the Kanawha Traction & Electric Company.
The company operated over 60 miles of track over the following properties in West Virginia and Ohio:
A system of interurban electric railways of standard gauge in Wood County, West Virginia and Washington County, Ohio.
Electric street railways of standard gauge in the cities of Parkersburg, West Virginia and Marietta, Ohio.
Electric power plant and a system of transmission lines in Wood County, West Virginia and Washington County, Ohio.
Electric lighting and distribution systems in the cities of Parkersburg, West Virginia and Marietta, Ohio and in towns in the vicinity of each.
The company also owned the stock of the Marietta-Parkersburg Bridge Company (a consolidation of the Ohio River Bridge & Ferry Company and Parkersburg & South Side Bridge Company), which owned and operated a steel highway and electric railway bridge crossing the Ohio River between Marietta and Williamstown. This bridge was about 25 feet wide in the clear and the total length is about 2,500 feet and was completed in 1903.