Intricately engraved antique stock trust certificate from the John Warren Watson Company dating back to the 1940's. This document, which has been signed by the company President (John Watson) and Treasurer, was printed by the Security Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features the company's manufacturing plant.
The John Warren Watson Company was incorporated in Pennsylvania as was located on 24th and Locust Streets in Philadelphia.
The company manufactured the "Watson Stabilator," which was designed to help smooth a car's ride by blunting the effect of spring recoil after a car hit a bump.
Many automotive manufacturers equipped their cars with the stabilator including Cadillac, Chrysler, Duesenberg, Locomobile, Nash, Packard, Peerless and Studebaker.