Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Iola Mining Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by A. Hoen & Co. Lith. and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 9 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a pair of great mining vignettes - a mill scene at the top center, and a miner working a hydraulic drill at the left.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. PLEASE NOTE condition problems. There are tape repairs on the verso, heavy folds, edge faults with paper loss extending into the border. Please review images above carefully.
The Iola Mining Company was incorporated in North Carolina in 1901 as a reorganization of the North State Mining Company.
Gold was found on the Iola property - located near the town of Candor - in 1901. The Iola Mining Company was developed by Captain M. T. Jones of Baltimore, as well as a number of other Baltimore people. In total, the company had four shafts.