Intricately engraved antique bond certificate from the Hudson Valley Railway Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Globe Litho Co. of New York and measures approximately 10 1/8" (w) by 16" (h).
The vignette features a trolley car on a city street.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Hudson Valley Railway Company was formed as a result of the consolidation of the Glens Falls, Sandy Hill and Fort Edward Street Railroad Company, the Saratoga Northern Railway, the Warren County Railway, the North River Railroad Company, the Stillwater and Mechanicsville Street Railway Company, the Greenwich and Schuylerville Electric Railroad and the Saratoga Traction Company.
The original Glens Falls Sandy Hill and Fort Edward Railway began operation with horse cars on narrow gage track in 1885. In 1891 the line was electrified and extensions. made, but it did not become the Hudson Valley Railway until 1901. That year the line to Lake George was opened and extended to Warrensburg.
The next extension was to Waterford. In 1903, Saratoga Springs was reached and a belt line and additional city lines were opened in Glens Falls.
The final extension was from Saratoga Springs to the main line at Mechanicsville via Ballston Spa, and paralleling the Schenectady Railway line for part of that distance.
In 1906 the system was acquired by the Delaware & Hudson Railroad, a prominent steam road operator of traction properties.
In total, the company operated 128 miles of track.