Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Hudson Motor Car Company dating back to the 1940's and 1950's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Hamilton Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features three views of the company's factories.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
In 1909, the Hudson Motor Car Company was founded by eight Detroit businessmen. Among them was department store owner Joseph L. Hudson who mainly funded the venture. Within one year of its founding, Hudson became the eleventh-largest auto company in the United States.
A key to Hudson’s early success was the fairly cheap four-cylinder Essex introduced in 1919. By 1925, the company was third place in the auto industry behind Ford and Chevrolet.
The Hudson Motor Car Company produced the Hudson and other brand vehicles from 1909 to 1954. In 1954, the company merged with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation to form American Motors (AMC). The Hudson name was officially discontinued in 1957.