Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Hudson Brick and Cement Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Secretary, was printed by the Broun-Green Co. and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 9 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a pair of vignettes - a city building under construction at the top and a mining scene at the bottom.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. PLEASE NOTE condition issues, including fold splits, tape repairs on verso and heavy toning.
The Hudson Brick and Cement Company was incorporated in New York in 1906 by J. W. Gannon, Nat Taylor, Jr. and H. C. Ver Valen.
The company was based in Kingston.
Kingston is the county seat of Ulster County. It is 91 miles north of New York City and 59 miles south of Albany. It became New York's first capital in 1777, and was burned by the British on October 13, 1777, after the Battles of Saratoga.
In the 19th century, the city became an important transport hub after the discovery of natural cement in the region, and had both railroad and canal connections.